Welcome to Coderdojo! Ms. Gutkowski and Ms. Techman
Thanks to our awesome 2013 teen volunteers!!
Scratch is an appealing easy way for children and teens to make 2-dimensional stories, comics, simple animations, or even games.
- You can download the old Scratch at: http://scratch.mit.edu/scratch_1.4/ Scroll down on this download page to see Scratch Cards – each one shows how to do a different thing.
- Or you can use the online version of Scratch here: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/?tip_bar=getStarted
- Good Scratch lessons here: http://www.simonhaughton.co.uk/scratch-programming/
Khan Academy has uneven quality BUT the computer science tutorials are good: https://www.khanacademy.org/cs/welcome-to-computer-science/882454257
Some other sites to look at:
- Hackasaurus lets you remix or change the look of an existing website: http://hackasaurus.org/en-US/goggles/
- For 4th grade and up, code Avengers is a fun way to learn about html and CSS: http://www.codeavengers.com/web/1#1.1
- For older students, Mozilla Thimble lets you make and remix webpages: https://thimble.webmaker.org/ (email Ms. Techman for more info).
Minecraft is a world-building game online. You’ll need to buy an account ($26.95) to play at home. Players in one room can make a LAN and interact with each other.
- Minecraft wiki http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
- More about building with Redstone http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_%28disambiguation%29
Kodu is a 3D video game maker software. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10056 It is a PC only download
Some Kodu resources:
- http://goo.gl/4G1LA learning guide
Email if you have questions: email@example.com